Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My 1000th Post

I have said numerous times that I tend to be more of a sprinter than a marathoner...so the fact that this blogging habit has continued for 1,000 entries over almost 3 and a half years is astonishing. I have been pondering how to mark the occasion, but nothing spectacular came to mind. So, I decided to take a walk down memory lane by checking in on posts along the way. In its randomness, it proved to be a fitting tribute to the twists and turns of this journey so far:

My 100th post recorded a sweet bedtime interaction between the boys when they were barely 2 years old. As I re-read it I vaguely recalled the moment. They were still in cribs! Where has time gone? (I actually did 100th and 200th post memes, but looking back I realized they were not on the official dates.)

My 200th post was written almost exactly 2 years ago. It was a psalm of praise and remembrance to God and includes the photos I once used in my blog header.

My 300th post was written in February of 2007 when I spent a month highlighting daily prayers for our children. This particular post is about the virtues of kindness and generosity.

My 400th post was a gut-wrenchingly honest assessment of my own sin condition. It, too, seemed to resonate with other 'good' Christian girls.

My 500th post was written on the first day of 3 year old preschool.

My 600th post was written after a particularly bad Monday. Mercifully, I barely remembered it all until I re-read the post.

My 700th post is pictures of the children making sand angels at the beach back in March.

My 800th post was written early this past Summer, on the eve of our family trip to Colorado.

My 900th post was ironically, the second most commented on post I have ever written. The subject was marriage--and it apparently resonated with lots of folks.

I also decided to start a new type of post on Wednesdays. (Melissa posted this idea in my comments section several weeks ago.) Since one of the motivations for these entries is to leave a legacy of sorts for my children, I will use Wednesdays to tell stories that happened before my life (and theirs) was recorded on the world wide web. I hope to include memories about my childhood, recollections of pivotal moments and insight into some of their relatives they never were able to get to know.

Only God knows what the next 1000 posts will bring...

10 comments:

Eunice T. said...

I love reading your blog about K,R and P! :) Do keep posting! Many of your posts have been helping me with my spiritual walk with Him. Thank you!

Eunice

Lori said...

Thanking God that you stuck with blogging! I love reading your blog and get much encouragement from you. Looking forward to reading your next 1000 posts :)

Tonya Ingram said...

You were led by God to blog, otherwise you may have quit by now... since you are not a marathoner. God has touched your fingers to type and tell stories in such a way that can relate to anyone and any particular time, and a lot of times just when we (definitely me) need it. Thanks for sharing your life and family with me. I feel I know you all, but may never meet you. And this idea about your new Wednesday blog... I want to do something like that, so I'm going to start thinking about the "legacy" I leave for my boys. Thanks, and God Bless.

storey said...

so thankful for all 5 of you!!!

dee said...

Wow-has it been that long? Thanks for every post and picture of your precious family! This is an amazing gift that your children will cherish. God is using you to encourage many and we are so blessed by reading.

Jenna said...

Congrats on 1000! Your blog has been one of my very favorites from the beginning - I can't wait to see where the next 1000 posts take your sweet family!

And I love the Wednesdays idea!

Bailey's Leaf said...

How fun! Thank you for sharing your family and your milestones with us!

Kris said...

Thank you for sharing your blog and insights! 1000 posts, wow!! I love to read your blog, you are very inspiring in your honesty and perspective. You have a beautiful family and I love the way you always try to focus on what really matters.

MamaBear said...

1000 posts? Wow!
I love the idea of legacy posts on Wednesdays. Your children are blessed to have you for a mom.

Melissa said...

You made my day! Congrats on 1000 posts!!