Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Psalm 103

Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise His holy name.
Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things He does for me.
He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies.

He fills my life with good things.

This is what overwhelms me about God (one of the many things). He owes me nothing. He sent His Son for me. That alone is more than enough...and yet, there are all these blessings on top of it all--four of which live in my home and show me physical examples of His lovingkindness every day.
Andy Stanley once preached an unforgettable sermon about how in the Old Testament people built alters to commemorate encounters
with God..and that we should
take time to mentally build alters of His faithfulness in our lives. That way, when the rains come (which they will) we can be reminded of God's past faithfulness.
My life is a miracle. The story of how my husband & I wound up together is a testimony of God's amazing sovereignty. My children are against-the-odds miracles. So pardon me if I shout from the rooftops every now and then. :-)
Please, please do not misunderstand me: I do not love God just because of His blessings. I am quite aware He is not Santa Claus and it could all change in the blink of an eye. I have certainly been on the downside of this story before. But I absolutely recognize Him as the source of my blessings and am incredibly thankful for them today--here and now, regardless of what tomorrow holds. Tonight, my heart is overflowing with Thanksgiving!
We all have SO MUCH to be thankful for.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, beautiful kids. Praise God for the husband and children with which He has blessed you. YOU ARE BLESSED.... and you are such an encouragement. Thank you for being you... I know the four blessings in your life are thankful for YOU.

Anonymous said...

Amen! Regardless of what life brings us and what seasons we are in, we are created to praise Him for all eternity. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures - Praising God with you for all of your blessings. They bring joy to many who will never even meet them.

How cool is that?

Paulette said...

Priceless this post and pictures are, the children look more grown up. What a special time to give thanks, I can tell throughout your blog that you are thankful all the time.
Thankyou for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

I understand exactly what you mean! I think it is wonderful for us to not only aknowledge blessings in our lives but tell others too!

Rmomof3 said...

So very true - Jenmom! Absolutely adorable pictures of the kids.

Alison said...

So well put.

keri said...

i love the smiles your photographer captured...they are just perfect!!! thanks for the reminder that we have so much to be thankful for...i to hear that often.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Well said! He owes me nothing and yet He provides my every need.

Ivey's Mom said...

Amen!! I think this Thanksgiving we will all have much to give thanks for. I am thankful for you friendship....

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your blessings with us because it reminds me to be thankful also for Our Father's many gifts.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. God's blessings are too wonderful for words...these pictures tell it better than we can!

Erin said...

Beautiful. My heart echoes everything that you said. Unbelievable blessings filling our homes. I was overwhelmed with thanksgiving last night as I did dishes. I could hear my husband and sons laughing loudly in the living room, and the joy filled my soul. And, I thanked my God for a house full of love and laughter.

It is the season to be thankful!! And, the pictures are adorable. I'd love to read the story of how you and your husband got together. . . Is it on a previous post?

Jennifer said...

Erin- Funny you should mention our story. I have not posted it before, but have been thinking I should...stay tuned.

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen!

Chris

Anonymous said...

Again, well said and again, your trio are amazingly beautiful!

I look forward to your posts and can't wait to read the one of how your husband and you met.

Anonymous said...

sweet kids... sweet words!
man, i can't keep up with you blog-girl!!

Paula said...

How beautifully put. I was just reading out of Psalms this morning and thinking about how David had times of despair. He questioned if God was there and why him, yet he always praised God! He always felt blessed.
I see that I am very blessed to have a healthy child, wonderful husband and to be home.
Thank you for the reminder. I love those B/W photos!!

Anonymous said...

Jen- I love all the pictures but I especially love that one of Kate. What a sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

So beautifully put, thanks for sharing this and the reminder. It is all undeserved, but yet He freely gives and gives.