I just discovered there is a tradition in the Blogosphere, that you post 100 things about yourself on the occasion of your 100th Post. I just passed this milestone, so I will comply. (See #21-28 & #31-33)
100 seems like an awful lot, especially since most of you just want to see my children & hear about their antics. So, let's divide it by 3. Without further ado, my 33.333 things… (Feel free to click on over to the archives if you just want a toddler fix. I really won't be offended.)
1. My name is Jennifer.
2. Lots of people call me Jen.
3. I really have no preference between the two, but I always introduce myself as Jennifer.
4. Don’t ever call me Jenny.
5. When I am alone, SILENCE is my favorite sound.
6. I LOVE volunteer work/ministry.
7. Especially with middle school & teenage girls
8. I am a peacemaker.
9. My husband & I met on a blind date (Thank you Dee & Shane!)
10. We broke up for almost 2 years in the middle of our courtship
11. He is a PERFECT match for me, because his strengths round out my rough edges.
12. I always said I wanted 3 children before I was 35.
13. When I faced an infertility diagnosis at 29 that seemed impossible.
14. God proved me wrong!
15. This is one of the many, many reasons I have resolved to trust God with my life.
16. I am keenly aware of how blessed I am.
17. But still struggle with selfishness and greed
18. I absolutely desire to live a life that matters.
19. I am a doer.
20. I don’t understand people that can see an important problem & not care about how to fix it.
21. I like to teach.
22. My two greatest weaknesses are impatience
23. and being a sarcastic, smarty pants.
24. This may be the only meme-type thing I ever do on my blog
25. because when I saw that word on others people’s blogs & had not looked up the definition, I thought it meant Me, Me!
26. which is waaaayyy overused in a house full of 2 year olds
27. and I know you are all here to see the kids anyway. :-)
28. I am impatient with small talk.
29. I don’t have a Blogroll of the other blogs I visit, because I am always finding new ones I like.
30. And I do not want to leave anyone out.
31. I like to talk.
32. I am a rule follower.
33. but have a reigned-in rebellious streak
.333 and I am SURE there are lots of important things I have left out that I will think of for the next 2 weeks.