Wednesday, January 03, 2007

"Boys don't twirl!"

As I was cleaning up the kitchen this morning, the children were playing some of the demo music on the new keyboard in the adjoining room. Out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of P putting his hands over his head like a ballerina and turning around. As I laughed to myself at what Daddy would think, I heard K shout, "No, P! Stop dat twirling. Boys don't twirl, only girls. Do dis dancin'." She then grabbed both his hands and proceeded to lead him in a little dance through the kitchen.

K is not afraid to manhandle and lead those boys around...but heaven forbid they do anything remotely feminine!

2 comments:

The Hiatt Family said...

We recently visited some dear friends who have two girls. Carver and Caroline disappeared for a while and when I checked in on them they were both decked out in full ballerina dress. He looked so funny it was all I could do not to burst out laughing. When he saw me he said rather matter of factly, "All they have is girl dress up clothes. When she comes to our house she'll have to be a pirate!" Let's just say we got some great rehearsal dinner pics!

Girl Raised in the South said...

It's bound to be interesting living with her as she grows up; probably amazing to see who she ends up marrying. They ultimately surprise you.