Everyone is feeling much better here, but I have spent the day getting us back on track. As a result, I have no deep thoughts or hilarious quotes. Except for what happened last night at dinner. We were in a restaurant and my husband had taken one of the boys to the restroom. As he was walking back across the dining room, K spotted them and yelled, "Hey, Daddy? Did you poop or just tee tee?" Chuckles erupted from a couple of nearby tables.
Since I have nothing particularly meaningful to offer, how about a laugh or two at my expense. I received a fun "tag" from Kelli today, so here you go...seven completely random things about me.
1. I always drink fast food drinks with two straws. It started in high school when Randi was dating Katie's brother, Andy. He insisted that once you tried it there was no turning back. It is true. Once you've had sips that big, one straw is puny.
2. When reading fiction, I cannot resist reading the last page of a book first. Control freak who doesn't like surprises or wise woman who wants to manage her time efficiently and not waste it on something that ends badly...you decide. :-)
3. I rarely do memes. I tend to think of my blog as a place to record memories or share what's on my heart rather than structured writing exercises. That and I am still really juvenile and rebellious about random things...like memes.
4. One of my favorite things about being a Mama is dancing around the kitchen with my children, but I am not a good dancer and am really uncomfortable dancing in front of people.
5. I am anal about some things and incredibly laid back about others--and even I cannot explain why. All the bills in my wallet are in numerical order and facing the same way. My closet is arranged by type of clothing (pants, skirts, sweaters, long sleeve, short sleeve, suits/dresses, lounging clothes) and then by color (light to dark). Yet, I have a random drawer in every room of my house that is kind of a disaster, I haven't balanced my checkbook in years...and my car is disgusting!
6. My career goal for 7-8 years of my life was to be a television reporter or talk show host. I abandoned it my sophmore year of college and now haven't watched a talk show or television news in years.
7. I really hate being cold. I have Raynaud's which causes my fingertips and toes to turn white when it is below 60 degrees. Sometimes I wear gloves in the freezer section of the grocery store!
Just in case that was not enough, there are lots more random things about me here and here.