Monday, November 27, 2006

Overheard On the Monitor...

I just tucked the kiddos in and came downstairs to clean up the kitchen. Then I heard the sweetest little voice and a familiar tune on the monitor.

K: (singing) "I got so much to be tank-ful for. I got my Dad-dee to be tank-ful for. I got my Park to be tank-ful for. I got my ban-ket to be tankful for."
P then picked up where K left off: (singing) "I got Mom-mee. I got Wy-nan..."
R: (very seriously)"Ev-wee-bod-dee weddy? All aboard! Need more power. Pat. Pat. Pat. (This is from Little Einsteins.)

Like that, the moment was over. Nonetheless, my heart is butter. I think I am in love...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids do my heart good - I can just imagine what they do to yours.

Perri

Erin said...

Too sweet, Jen!! How fun!! I love your little stories!! I can assure you that had I heard that my heart would have melted like butter, too!!

Paulette said...

Oh man your killing me here. All I want for Christmas is to meet those precious babies. Think you could make a trip to Texas??
I always LOVED what my kids did when I wasnt looking, then you know you are doing a great job!!
Blessings

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking that it's so awesome that they talk to each other and have conversations. I mean, Macey talked to herself in her crib- she didn't have anyone else! I love that your sweeties have each other and can bounce ideas and words around. And the pouty Kate pic is CLASSIC!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet...I love little voices!

Anonymous said...

I love your sweet kids--it must be so fun hearing them talk to each other!

And Kate's pouty picture is priceless! You're going to have to save that one for her for later:)

Anonymous said...

Your little sweethearts always make my days, JenMom. They're so smart and funny. I can't believe that they are already able to say such sweet words. You are so lucky, mama.

Thanks for visiting my blog and your compliment on this.

Have a great day!

Adwina

Alison said...

I love the overhearing of kid conversations. They are so very ernest!

Whitney said...

I don't want to wish time away but I can't wait until mine can talk and use their sweet voices for more than cooing!