Sunday, February 06, 2011

Our Little Ladybug

My K never stops moving. She loves exercise, competition, athletic endeavors and trying new things. So, when her Fall soccer team, the (intimidating) Butterflies, decided to form a Winter basketball team, the (killer) Ladybugs, she was in.A six year old girls basketball team is a sight to behold--where else would you find people getting reminded about traveling while skipping down the court. Most of our substitutions involve hair adjustments, (this is ponytail re-do...not coaching)shoe tying and emergency potty breaks.

Sitting on the bench is an excuse to cuddle with friends' big sisters.On the court, there are instances where 6 year old intensity shines through.
(Yes, she is as petite as the photo implies.)


Our school goes from pre-K-12. I love knowing that one day she and these same girls may still be playing together and we'll look back on these photos and fondly giggle at where it all began.

3 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

These pictures are adorable. Our public schools split classes every year, but one of the great joys of my life is to see my 18 year old son still hanging out and doing things with some of the same kids he was best friends with in first grade. Watching your children grow up is exciting and sad, but watching them grow up with their friends is a real blessing.

Charlow Family said...

This is precious! I cannot wait until my 2 year old is old enough to participate in team sports!

SoCalFashionista said...

she looks so cute! Reminds me of my soccer days when I was 6 :)