Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Performing

Tonight was the children's school Christmas Program. Although this is our first year at our school, I was told it was quite a production...and was it ever! Each of the nine classes had a ten minute production, with over a dozen solos and piano performances in between.

K, seems to be quite at home on stage. The pure joy that lights up her face is contagious. You cannot help but grin when watching her.

Her class has a ball performing three songs from Charlie Brown Christmas, especially when they got to jump around and dance like the Peanuts characters.


R has historically been my child least likely to perform. He is typically serious and intense, so standing under the lights in front of a few hundred of people is not his forte.Tonight he took his role very seriously and performed selections from "White Christmas" with everything he could muster.


P, my class clown, was in his element dressed wildly as a Who from Dr. Suess' Whooville. I thought it was wise to wait until showtime to put on his scarf. In retrospect that was a poor decision, as he spent his entire time on stage trying to position it.

Although he has practiced the lyrics for weeks, tonight his lips did not utter a one! He was far too taken with everything going on around him...especially the fake snow!


Of course, my favorite three moments of the entire 2 hour show were when each of my children spotted me in the audience and said, "Mom!" with an incredible grin. Is there anything in the WORLD like that feeling?

18 comments:

MamaBear said...

You must have had great seats! Your pics are bright and clear - from what I've seen that isn't the norm for photographing school programs.

Their expressions are priceless! BrotherBear's first Christmas program is this Sunday. I'm looking forward to my own "MOM!" moment. :)

Jennifer said...

MB- I went and sat on the floor in the front when they performed. Daddy is on call, so I had to be sure to get lots of good pictures for him!

Mom of Eleven said...

Precious, that's all I have to say.
w

Katie F. said...

I love the pictures! P as a character from whoville is priceless! I like how all their classes did different things. I went to Charlie's program last night and experienced the same "mom" moment except he yelled out "hey miss katie!". It totally melted my heart. I miss seeing the kids every week at Ms. Nell's, but I keep up with them here. Tell them I said hi!
Miss Katie

Pam said...

Moments to remember! Precious

His Doorkeeper said...

Thanks for helping me to relive, just for a few moments, the joys of watching your children "perform"
in school/church events! I remember exactly the feeling you described when they spot you in the audience! Enjoy it while you can!

R said...

oh my goodness...you just gave me goosebumps of excitement--making me think ahead to when my girls are in their own Christmas programs like this! i can't wait.

Mary Lou said...

There truly is only one word...precious...even as a grandmother I will be thrilled tomorrow when my granddaughter sees us in the audience and breaks out in her beautiful smile and waves....Blessings on your Christmas celebration.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Thank you for sharing those PRECIOUS children with us! It took me back a few years to school programs when mine were small. I have forgotten a lot of things....be thankful that you are documenting all of yours! Priceless.

elizabeth said...

These pictures are priceless! You seemed to have captured their personalities well on film. Precious.

Mindy said...

You have done it again. FABULOUS photos!
Love P's hair, too

Stacia said...

I have been reading your blog for a long time now, today I reread your about me and encourage other Moms you do! You are such an inspiration and your family is beautiful!

Lori said...

How precious! I love all of the pictures. They are all so adorable. Thanks for sharing. I hope you have a blessed day!
Lori

Aubrey said...

Looks like some of the best entertainment of the season! I bet P was a hoot!

Tonya Ingram said...

Beautiful... they are so precious, and you seem to get really GREAT pictures of them. What kind of camera do you have? These moments are what makes being a mother all worth it... not that anything ever makes it not worth it, but these just melt your heart.

k and c's mom said...

Sighhhhh. What beautiful pictures of your precious little ones. Thanks for sharing the joy. Mine are grown and no grandchildren (yet...) Hats off to those teachers for such a great production!

Jennifer said...

JMom....what GREAT pictures. I miss all of you a lot!!! Hope you enjoy a wonderful and blessed Christmas.

Jen S.

laurie said...

So cute. . . LOVE P's hair. It's funny that each of the chosen "themes" for their programs fit their personalities perfectly.