Monday, January 24, 2011

Growth Spurts

My children share a birth date and were cohabitants of my womb for almost 7 months. They have shared cribs, clothes, toys, rooms, games and life experience. They are best friends. They have the same eyes and the same parents and yet there is so much difference in them.

A joker, a drama queen and a serious little man. A reader, an athlete and an artist. One whose imagination constantly blows me away, one who loves animals and outdoors and one who I can depend on to understand all my electronics. A singer, a dancer and an instrumentalist. A lover, a fighter and a justice seeker. An inventor, a rule follower and an activist.

They are growing and changing so much. I love the absolutely unique identities God has placed in each one! Today as they were playing after school I slowed them down to document the vast difference in their height. Based on the rate at which the boys pants have been 'shrinking' I knew we were in some sort of a growth spurt--especially R.

Look at the difference in his height and K's. One minute apart in birth--half a head apart in height.
As I looked at these photos tonight a wide grin spread across my face. These days there is far more distinction between these three than similarities. Nature vs. nurture? They are an interesting study in contrasts.

I can't wait to see what God has in store for their lives!

7 comments:

Renee said...

I love that you put a picture of K's crazy hair. My daughters hair is exactly like hers and that is how it truly looks most of the time...as much as I try to tame it. We have a love/hate relationship with her hair. They are all so precious.

Jennifer said...

Ha ha. Renee, that is definitely real life, after school, played hard today hair!!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

they are all three so cute and I love all the differences....Have been reading about them for several years and I think they are all winners....

Jenny said...

And all three...PRECIOUS!!!!

storey said...

crazy! love 'em!

Gracifers said...

It's so fun to watch your kiddos grow up! In both of those pictures, R looks like he is ready to stop taking pictures and get on with playing! Thanks for sharing these pictures of your cuties

http://www.etsy.com/shop/gracifers

Shannon said...

So precious! Put a brick on R!!!
My A's hair is always that way after school or outside play. She stands in the mirror and says "Mom, come see my crazy hair!"
-Shannon in Austin