Monday, April 25, 2011

Another Blessing of Morning Quiet TImes

"In my morning time with God, I ask Him to satisfy all my longings and fill my hollow places with His lavish, unfailing love. This frees me from craving the approval of others and requiring them to fill my 'cup.' Then if someone takes time to demonstrate his or her love to me, that's the overflow! I am free to appreciate it and enjoy it, but I didn't emotionally require it!" -Beth Moore, Breaking Free

(I confess morning quiet times are a challenge for me...night seems to 'work' so much better with my schedule. This does make a powerful argument for mornings though.)

2 comments:

Marta Jeremy Emily and Abigail said...

I agree, mornings are best, but evenings are one time I can be consistent. I've tried many times to establish a morning routine, waking before kiddos to have worship. It has been really really tough and an easy way to get discouraged. My goal is to have BOTH morning and evening worship, both for myself and as a family. The worship routine with the kids has been easy to maintain (outside of visiting family when we can't maintain our rough schedule). Evening worship for me has been pretty consistent. Mornings are tough! I guess I need to change my goal. I often have way too many good things I want to accomplish during worship time, so maybe a short morning Bible reading and prayer time would be best. A chance to really connect with God in prayer, and seeking inspiration from his word. Then I can face the day, and save some deeper study for the quiet evenings. :)

Samantha said...

I can't make it without meeting God in the morning. Maybe it is my inner perfectionist, but I don't trust myself out in the day without first meeting with the Father. I am too messed up and I know it! Plus, everything about the day proceeds more smoothyly and I trust myself to make decisions "on the fly" because I know I have already asked for wisdom for the day. I now need to work to end my days with the Father as well.