Saturday, January 22, 2011

I have had the pleasure of a weekend with two of my very best friends from college. We are at the beach, but haven't touched the sand. It is pretty chilly outside, but it doesn't seem to matter.

As much as absence makes me miss my husband & children, getting this much uninterrupted time with such special friends is such a gift. On the phone tonight with my sweet family, P asked, "What did YOU do today Mama?"

I told him that we have talked and talked, eaten too much then talked until time to eat again. After 18 years of friendship we still have a lot of ground to cover.

What a blessing to have met back in 1992 on the 11th floor of Tutwiler Hall (freshman girls' dorm) at the University of Alabama. Three weddings and eight children later we have shared laughter, memories, secrets and fears that will bind our hearts for life. I really love these women. I love the gift of time together to catch up. I am already looking forward to next year.

3 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I've done a beach get away with *my girls* for 25 years. It never gets old. Many years we never touched the sand. When my children were younger, they could not believe that!! There are precious memories in those trips!

Ashley said...

Oh how sweet to share such a bond with ladies through various stages in life. My college girls and I have so much fun too and our next big event will be my wedding! We will see one another before then, but I am the final one to marry, but there will still be me and one other with no children yet. Many memories will be made and your post made me excited for them. Glad to you had some R&R with the girls and I know you hugged your family a bit more when you got home. Thanks for sharing!

Lindsey said...

I just love it when you post about your Alabama friends!! ROLL TIDE!!