Wednesday, January 13, 2010

If you are looking for me...

As a fitting end to my "Mary Month" I have spent the last few days in a flurry of home-keeping activities.
I have cleaned out my car and filled it up with gas.
Reorganized my kitchen pantry and made a big trip to the grocery to restock.
Reorganized our game closet and craft supplies.
Reorganized my attic.
Washed and put away all of the clothing in my laundry room. (Truly the most impressive feat-especially considering there were still 2 bags I needed to finish unpacking from our new year's trip.)
Paid all bills.
Dropped off and picked up a pile of dry cleaning.

AND
Typed six pages of instructions for the three sets of people who will be caring for my children, home and pets while I take off someplace warm with my husband! (Six pages...really? Good grief!)

I will be spending the next few days with this view...

(although it will be my toes, not some random ones I found on the Internet).

That is unless, of course, it is evening. Then, hopefully, I will be here...

My husband has to get in some continuing education credits and there happened to be a conference in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I am going to serve as a dutiful wife by accompanying him. This means I will have to spend a couple of days lounging on the beach reading fiction...or napping. We haven't been away together without the children for more than a weekend in almost 4 years. I cannot wait! As I was packing tonight I got giddy...I felt like I was going on a second honeymoon. Next month marks 8 years, so I think it is fitting!

I have pre-written a few things in my absence. I am not sure if I will blog or not. I will have a couple of days alone while he is in conferences, so we'll see.

I must admit that as I was excitedly packing tonight I kept thinking about the people in Haiti or my very own friends who are going through their own personal earthquakes...a wave of guilt kept coming over me. Why is it sunny and beautiful in my life while it is dark and stormy in others? I don't know.

I am praying hard that The Enemy WILL NOT steal my joy...but that I may have a heart like The Lord's for those in crisis in Haiti and in my community. I am praying hard. I am mindful that everyday there are people on beautiful beaches while others are struggling to recover their lives from ruins. I don't have all the answers. I think it is true that there is much that is not for us to understand.

So, I pray...I trust...I am thankful. I am in awe of my God who has the WHOLE WORLD in His Hands and who is fully Sovereign, Good and Full of Grace, ruling a world that sometimes makes no sense to our feeble human minds.

7 comments:

Marva said...

Praying for a safe trip full of joy, noone I can think of deserves it like you sweet friend!

Blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

Go to this morning's "morning and evening" devotional by spurgeon. So fitting to your post!

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/spurgeon/morneve.d0113am.html

Kylie and crew. said...

Have a WONDERFUL trip!!!!

Renee said...

have a GREAT time!

elizabeth said...

So self sacrificing of you to go on this trip with your hubby :)

That is awesome that you have accomplished so much in your home. Is there any way, after you're rested up from your torturous trip of course, that you could come organize my house and catch up my laundry?? Too much to ask??

Melissa said...

I hope you have a great, relaxing trip! You'll come back refreshed and have lots of love and energy to give those three kiddos of yours!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Oh, have a wonderful time! What a good wife you are to *suffer through* this trip!!:)