Sunday, August 30, 2009

Photo Tutorial

I am a sucker for a good photo op. I see a moment like this, when they are playing beside the water in cute initialed shirts on an overcast day with soft light, and I become possessed by the single minded mission of getting a picture.
My children could care less about such nonsense. So, what to do?
"Hey guys, could you come over here for a picture? Please? Guys...Just for a second..."
No response.
"I will give you candy."
Yes, on occasion, I do bribe my children.

And sometimes, when they just are not into it, and I really want a true smile, we play a little game. It always involves convincing them something silly migt be about to happen to Mommy. In this case, my husband had a pretend lizard climbing all over my head and shoulders.

My favorite picture ever taken of the three of them required even more sacrifice. I actually poured water on my father-in-law's head as he snapped away. Their expressions were worth his wrath. :-)

You just can't beat real giggles as opposed to posed smiles.

P.S. I purchased the t-shirts on etsy.com from Lisa. I am a satisfied customer!

4 comments:

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

I pop in from time to time, but I don't think I've ever commented.

I have to say, I LOVE these shirts! My best friend is having her 2nd baby in a few weeks, and that means child #1 is in for a big, big, change. I've been thinking about doing something special for child #1, and I think a shirt with her initial would be darling!

Thanks for the link and what great pics of your children!

The Stokley Family said...

I just love the shirts! Have you ever checked out emtannerdesigns.com they have some really cute stuff there to!
Have a great week!
Tiffany

Unknown said...

Some days I am SO SAD that I don't get triple the fun!!! These pics are awesome, especially the last one. Something I am surely looking forward to one day are the truly precious interactions of siblings.

Bethany said...

So adorable!