Sunday, August 30, 2009

Daddy's Arms

Our family enjoyed a wonderful weekend at Young Life's Sharp Top Cove.

I was amazed at the adventurous spirits of my children, particularly P. If I were only 40 inches tall, this would look a bit intimidating to me. But like the swing last weekend, this thrilled P. Once he spotted it, he could not wait until he had a chance to try it.

As long as he has his Daddy with him, he can do anything.
I watched another child two years younger than him take on the same slide without a grown up. A part of me was jealous that my children were not yet that courageous.
Another part of me was thankful for the sweet metaphor of the courage we have to face challenges when we trust the safety and security of being in our Father's arms.
And this look between them? Absolutely melts my heart...

6 comments:

Todd and Randi said...

How cute! I bet that's exactly how big R's profile looked when he was little.

k and c's mom said...

Those pictures are wonderful!
What a great memory.

dee said...

The one of them in the water says it all - priceless!

Jenny Lynn said...

i LOVE sharptop cove. what a blessing to be able to get away with your family to such an amazing place!

Aubrey said...

Those last two pictures coupled with the metaphor just brought tears to my eyes. My children aren't that brave either. Like you, I sometimes wrestle with the envy that other children just do it, but then I tell myself to hold them while they want me!

Bethany said...

Wow, he's daring! Looks like he had fun though, and I'm glad his father was able to be there to go with him!! :)