Friday, December 12, 2008

Stormy Weather

It rained A LOT in Georgia this week. Although my backyard is typically grassy, when heavy rains come the lower portion tends to flood. The 3+ inches we received this week led to significant flooding which transformed my backyard into quite a lake.

Our labrador is always thrilled by the flooding, but I was very nervous about the children getting too close, as it was almost 3 feet deep in a couple of places. I decided playing in the backyard would have to be postponed.

Never fear, those blossoming imaginations had plans for an adventure game of their own. As we unloaded the car, they all three ran ino the little outdoor bathroom we have by our back door and closed the door behind them. Curious about why they were so quiet, I knocked on the door and was commanded to "Come it quick! It is a TWISTER! You don't want to get hit by all the litter!"

I opened the door and found this:

Apparently they have been practicing tornado drills at school.

4 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

How cute! So funny. I love the idea of an outside backdoor bathroom. How handy that must be!

We just returned from Disney...thanks for your tips. Were you ready to go back right when you got home? We had an amazing time!

Perri said...

I bet you just busted out laughing. I sure did.

Ms. ~K said...

Yes, Ma'am...that's important stuff and I'm very proud of them!!!
A+++++
Retired Teacher

k and c's mom said...

They are obviously good listeners! (Hope they don't do the drills in the restroom at school!)
First grade teacher