Monday, December 08, 2008

Known and Loved

Tonight as I was tucking K in (mid-party) I was in hurry up mode. Rather than wait for her to list the things she wanted to thank God for, I started the prayer and listed a few things that she often says. When I finished praying, those big brown eyes were sparkling excitedly as she asked, "Mama, HOW did you know that was what I was gonna pray for?"
"Because I know you, sweetie."
"But how did you know what I would say?"
"Because I know you. I know you and I love you."

I am not sure she got it, but as I was walking back downstairs I got it loud and clear. A sweet reminder from my Heavenly Father that He feels that way about me. He knows me--He really knows me.

And He loves me anyway.

What's the price of two or three pet canaries? Some loose change, right? But God never overlooks a single one. And he pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head! Luke 12:6-7a (The Message)

We all want to be known--really known--and securely loved. That is a God-placed desire.

O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.

You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Excerpted from Psalm 139 (The Message)


I am truly known and unconditionally loved by the Creator of the Universe--and so are you. Amazing, isn't it?

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Thanks for this great reminder this morning!
In HIM -
Mindy