Friday, October 10, 2008

Wild


I have recently realized that somewhere along the way, I lost control.

Let me rephrase that. I recently lost my illusion of control.

My precious children have gone wild. I think they might still be perceived as well-behaved and sweet, but WOW! There is so much energy pulsating through their veins. So much raw emotion bubbling up and over. Such budding curiousity. So much knowledge being sucked up by those amazing, sharp little brains. So many tackles and growls coming from my recently 'testosterone-y' boys...
My afternoons consist entirely of seeking outlets for them to run and jump and play and scream.

This afternoon, I am flying the coop for 48 hours with 3 precious college girlfriends at the beach. The temperature will be 68-81 degrees under sunny skies. The only screaming, wild children I will see will not be my responsibility...and I will miss them TERRIBLY.

I already do just thinking about it.

Thanks to their awesome Daddy for holding down the fort. I am going to miss him a whole bunch too!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Have a fun time on your trip to the beach! My hubby left today to go to the mountains, so I'm holding down our fort.

Courtney said...

have a ton of fun! oh the joys of young boys (and girls)

Kate Geisen said...

Oh, I hope you have a wonderful time and come back recharged and ready to continue the drill. :)

Children--all children!--are a wonderful reminder to us that none of us are in charge and of how very much we need God's guidance, assistance, and protecting hand. :)

Rmomof3 said...

Have a blessed time! We used to call our little ATH blessed home "controlled CHAOS!" but we now realize that it is in fact just CHAOS - not controlled about it! HA! Don't you know in about 20 years or so we'll miss it!
Precious Blessings!
Renee

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Oh, how I'm sure you need a break and time with your girlfriends is perfect! Enjoy the weekend!

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Wow! Have so much fun!!!

I know what you are talking about. All of mine seem to have that same sort of energy right now. A vacation may be just what the doctor ordered!!!

They are adorable, btw!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, this is reassuring as I have two kiddos (sometimes my husband makes three :o)), and our home is always crazy, loud, and wild. I often wonder also if it is because they are both boys :o). "Quiet" seems ever so much quieter when you're used to the din (or roar :o)) of small children. To me, it's the sound of home.
ps--your children are precious! love your little girls expression next to the boys too :o)...

Love Being A Nonny said...

Jen,

Hope you had a wonderful time away. Somehow it makes us appreciate home more and it sure is great to have girlfriends!