Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Weekend

My amazing man held down the fort even better than imagined(except that he refused to post about their adventures, even though I begged.) I returned home to find exhausted but happy children and all the beds were even made!

Meanwhile, I enjoyed a perfect girls' getaway with my three best friends from college. We watched the sunset over the ocean both nights, while eating delicious seafood. We talked until our jaws were sore about everything you can imagine that only good girlfriends who know all about you and love you anyway can discuss. And we slept in...way in. On Saturday I woke up at 9:50am and stayed in my pjs drinking coffee until 1pm. There was lots of time for reading and catching up Bible Study (more on that in subsequent posts).

I am officially refreshed!

I returned home to a family that looked better than the ocean view. I felt like my children had grown and matured at least a year in two days and I loved and appreciated my husband more than ever.

The children had a HUGE weekend of adventure in my absence. Daddy braved soccer practice, dinner out with another solo Daddy and his three children, a small college football game, chili cook off, church and Home Depot ALONE with the kiddos. This afternoon his parents accompanied them to lunch and a Fall Festival at a nearby farm. Whew! A great weekend for all--but tonight at bedtime we agreed that we were happy to be together again.

I thoroughly enjoyed the time to reflect on and chat about life, wifedom and parenthood with my girls...and returned ready to tackle some of my personal challenges in this arena. My first two commitments are to listen better and laugh more--and I am looking forward to it...

6 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

Welcome back. It sounds like a wonderful weekend. What a nice chance for your husband to both appreciate you even more fully AND to see once again for himself that he CAN handle things on his own just fine (even though he wouldn't want to have to). :)

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Glad to hear you got some good girl time in and that you feel refreshed!

mylifewith5kids said...

This is why our girls should marry someone that loves children! My child, loving husband gives me many breaks too!!

So glad that you were able to get away.

Whitney said...

Glad you had a great weekend. We saw your trio at the Pumpkin Fest today - I saw your husband first and thought he looked familiar but I couldn't place him. Then I saw the kids. They were having a blast on one of the bounce houses but my trio was getting restless so I didn't get a chance to say hi. He looked like he had everything well under control! Glad you had a great time!

Bethany said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful time! I love when dads are able to take care of their own kiddos...warms my heart :)

Joni said...

Just wanted you to know that I peeked in on your children during Sunday School and found the following:
1. Your children were well groomed. They were spotlessly clean and hair appropriately "fixed."
2. All were wearing coordinated outfits.

Glad you had a fun weekend!