Monday, July 14, 2008

After the Rain

Yesterday we had a line of terrible thunderstorms come through our area. After a heavy, flash flood type rain the golf course turns into a river. The children (and our lab, especially) love our play time after the rain. I love that they are enjoying simple childhood pleasures like puddle jumping. (Even if it did require an extra load of laundry and baths afterwards.) Does K's wild hair suit her, or what?
I just wish you could have seen her face. Pure, unadulterated happiness!

Sometimes the extra work is COMPLETELY worth it!

In the interest of public service announcements, Perri sent me this link. Yikes!

9 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

What sweet memories!

You're inspiring me to be a little more carefree!

usafcole said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile. I am not sure how I happened upon it other than blog jumping. Your pictures stirred something inside of me-perhaps the carefree and fun days of childhood. You captured a great memory for yourself and your children. Great photography!

Pam C.

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

Smart mama for requiring wellies when they went in the water. That looks like tons of fun! I bet they also have fun in piles of leaves in the fall?? Love especially the last one where the dog is giving his own "showers of blessings" - too cute!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Lydia said...

These cute pictures make me want to go find a puddle to jump in! :)

texasknights said...

Such delight! You took some fabulous photos. I esp. love the one of K in midair. My girls LOVE going out after it rains.

Mary Lou said...

What beautiful memories you are making for them and for yourself. To have it all captured in pictures that you will treasure for as long as you live. You are such a wise mama....letting them be children and not forbiddng them to do things that require you extra work. You are blessing yourself, take it from an "old" mama.

Jen said...

Looks like fun! I agree, an extra bath and laundry are totally worth it.

Sheila said...

I'm all for kids having fun, but this is not a 'puddle.' I have to agree with Perri. Here's another story for you.
http://tinyurl.com/5tmttx