Saturday, June 14, 2008

Thoughts on Daddy


K, P & R,
I don't know what age you will be when you realize I have been keeping this blog--or when you will sit down and read through these posts. Perhaps you'll come back to them at various times throughout your life. I hope so.

One of the reasons I write each evening is to insure that you know how loved you are and that in spite of the countless mistakes, faults and foibles of your broken, sinful parents...we sought God's guidance and we truly desired to raise you up in the best way we knew.

I especially hope you remember your Daddy's role in our family well. Do you know how blessed you are to have a Daddy like yours? He is a strong leader, but his strength is quiet, tender and compassionate within our home. He is passionate and hard-working. He is kind and good, a wise steward who loves and glorifies God. He cares for us, protects us, provides for us and models a godly lifestyle.

He works extraordinarily long and hard hours, but when he is not working, he is present and fully involved in parenting you. He loves us and delights in his role in our family. He pays attention to you (and me) and treasures your strengths and talents.

As you get older, I especially hope you remember the tenderness, honor, respect and love with which he treats me. P & R, you will do well to emulate those behaviors with your wives. K, I pray you'll find a man who treats you with the same degree of dignity.

How blessed you(we) are to be so loved!

7 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

This is such a precious post!

GE is me said...

Wow, J, I hope the hubby reads your blog! What an honor & tribute to him.
Hope he doesn't have to work or be on call tomorrow for Dad's day!
Hope he has a wonderful & blessed Father's day.
God Bless, -Gail

Jenny said...

What a beautiful tribute to your husband! I hope you all enjoy celebrating him on Father's Day!

Amba said...

awe that's awesome :) I wish more Fathers/husbands were like him!

Tee and Hubby said...

Wonderful post!

Coralyn said...

What a complimentary post about your hubby. He sounds like a winner!

Anonymous said...

quick question...where did you get the shirts with the letters on them?

thanks :)