Monday, June 23, 2008

Love Life

I read this verse yesterday morning and I am still stuck on it today. Such great goals for my own life and what a beautiful prayer for our children!

So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well.

Learn to love appropriately. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush.

Live a lover's life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God.

Philippians 1:9-11 (The Message)

Every time I read it I get something different. Love often, well, appropriately, sincerely, intelligently. Live a circumspect and exemplary life. Sounds like great marching orders to me!

3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

If only I could keep such excellent focus! This is a great reminder. Thanks!

Tracy: said...

Yes, what a great reminder! That is a great prayer that I share with my kids often....my kids that are in a completely different stage....but always our "babies"
Bless you!

I wrote this last month when my daughter finished jr. high ; )

http://frenzy-tracy.blogspot.com/2008/05/hello-high-school.html

Cynthia said...

I have been a lurker for a good while but love your blog like watching Jon and Kate Plus 8. :-) No one really knows that I even have a blog, but I put this verse, in this same version, on it this week. It just REALLY spoke to me! Annyway, we are at radically different stages of life but I love how transparent you are in what God is teaching you. Keep sharing. It's a blessing!