Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Little People

Yesterday I received a long awaited treat in the mail--my custom painted wooden family. I saw these several months ago, but the artist was very backed up, so I excitedly ordered them, then forgot about them until she e-mailed this week saying they were on the way. (She is currently booked for the rest of the year!) I deemed them a little Mother's Day treat for me and placed them in the windowsill of my kitchen.
I couldn't help but be struck by the irony of what was going on with my real life family as I was photographing my wooden family.
While my wooden family is adorably inanimate, my flesh and blood family is certainly animated! My little wooden people stand proudly in a row--well groomed and smiling. Their 3 foot tall muses never seem to stop moving and have developed a flair for dramatic costumes.

Those little wooden people are cute, but the real deal is precious!

3 comments:

Pam said...

You've become Higglytown Heroes! The wooden people ARE cute, but you're exactly right, jmom, the real deal IS precious . . . inside and out.

Have a blessed Mother's Day with your family, friend.

Mandy said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Mandy
GA
www.madelinegracehopkins.blogspot.com

Kelly @ Love Well said...

The wooden people make me smile. They are just too cute.

But the real-live, action-packed people? They are even better.

Happy Mother's Day -- times three!