Friday, February 22, 2008

They keep talking, so I keep blogging

No one ever comes to our front door, so yesterday afternoon when the flower delivery man rang the doorbell, everyone dropped what they were doing and ran to see what the fuss was about. The delivery man appeared to be in his 70's wearing khaki colored attire from head to toe: a bucket hat, lightweight jacket, pants and shoes. As he walked away and I closed the door K looked up with huge eyes and said, "Mama! Did dat man really come all the way from the jungle to bring you those flowers?"

Thursday morning I made scrambled eggs for breakfast. As the children were eating them, K said, "Mmm. Mmm. Thanks for these yummy eggs, Chef Mommy. (giggle) I'll call you Chef Mommy!"
Playing along (and enjoying feeling appreciated), I responded in a silly accent, "Thank you, Madam. It was my pleasure."
K crinkled up her nose and said, "Ax-u-a-lly, I think I will just call you plain ole Mommy."
P joined in, "Yep, you are our plain ole Mommy."
I think they meant that lovingly. But, in Proverbs 31 when it speaks of her children rising up to call her blessed, somehow I didn't picture the descriptors plain and old being involved.
If this keeps up, there definitely won't be any more posts about pride. I have none left.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Humbling being the mama, it sure is! My kids have brought me down more than once. I think God did it that way on purpose, just so we'd have to lean on Him even more.

MaryBeth said...

So funny. I know what you mean about the non-stop talking. My almost 3 year old never stops all day long... I can only imagine what it will be like when the trio is this age! Yikes

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

Can I please just say (out loud for once) that I l-o-v-e your blog?!?

Maggie said...

Just wanted to say that I read your comment over at BigMama's that I totally agree with you. I get a little freaked out by moms who try too hard to look good.

I think the solution is actually being okay with looking comfortable in tees and jeans and repeat clothes a lot of the time. I think it's considering others above yourself when you dress.

Like, how do I make that 12,000 a year mom with four or five kids, or that single overweight mom feel when I have to run-way it every time I show up at church or school?

I think it's more than thinking about being "smart"...it's not thinking about it so much at all.

Thanks for keeping it real. Love the comment! Seems like a very neat blog you've got going on. Thanks!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Aren't 3 year olds the best?

I didn't write a comment on your pride post, but you definitely got me thinking. It did remind me of something I read recently about if we don't want to take credit for the bad, we shouldn't take credit for the good. Not exactly sure how this relates, but it is what I keep thinking about as I ponder your question. Thanks for making me think about things that are truly important.