Monday, February 25, 2008

My Girl

When I met K for the first time and looked in that little face, all I could imagine was pink and ruffles and bows. Honestly, it intimidated me a little, as I am not really a "girly girl."

As her completely spunky and fearless personality has emerged, all of those fears of what to do with a girl have gone to the wayside. They are replaced by new fears of what to do with this girl.

Case in point, a conversation I overheard my husband having with her yesterday.
"K, you have got to learn to be more gentle with your brothers."

4 comments:

Renee said...

That's funny! We're always telling our boys to toughen up a bit. :)

Love Being A Nonny said...

I LOVE this!!!

Courtney said...

that's awesome. yeah, my creighton is almost 16 months old and she is SO rough and tough and tom boy already...OH I AM SO GLAD TOO! Because I am so not girly...that was my biggest fear with a girl...I am sure this could change but for now...I love it that she isn't frilly

Joni said...

I love it! It sounds like she and Mary Mac are similar in spirit and spunk. We should get them together to play......or should we?! : )