Sunday, June 17, 2007

Leavin' On A Jet Plane

This morning we will be travelling to Maine to visit Aunt Amy & Uncle Andy, Isaac, Orly & Avital. We will be meeting baby Avital for the first time!

We've planned a wonderful week of enjoying all the simplicity Summer in Maine offers. There will be fresh eggs from the hen house, pet rabbits, lobster, crab and mussels right from the ocean, a sunset lobster bake on the beach with neighbors, rides on planes and trains and lots of memory-making. The weather (highs in the mid 70s lows in the mid 50s) will be a refreshing change from the heat at home, as well.

We have Daddy WITHOUT his pager and limited cell phone connectivity. Poor guy has to spend Father's Day travelling cross country with 3 year olds...but we plan to lavish him with love and appreciation along the way.
It promises to be a terrific adventure. Just close your eyes for a moment and imagine 2 adults with 3 large pieces of luggage, 3 car seats, 2 backpacks, 2 strollers and 3 small children. We have flown with them a few other times and have definitely learned some lessons the hard way. (Seven hour delay and a lost carseat upon arrival, anyone? Taking everyone out of their strollers, unhooking all the carseats from their carts and removing 6 little shoes for security--just to put it all back together after 45 seconds...) Suddenly I am bursting with excitement. :-)

I am taking along Phillip Yancey's book Prayer. Here's hoping I get some time to read it! Not sure about connectivity up there...but we'll be back soon with stories to tell.

10 comments:

Pam said...

Happy Father's Day, Daddy R. Have a safe trip and wonderful visit. We'll look forward to the stories and photos when you have a chance.

Enjoy the vacation!

Kelly said...

Praying for safe travel and a wonderful family vacation. I've never been to Maine so I'll just live vicariously through you and your family :)

Blessings~

Renee said...

Sounds incredibly fun with lots of memory-making opportunities. And sounds like a great place to vacation, too. Hope you all have a great time!

Deidre said...

I pray you have a great trip in spite of the stressful plane ride :)

Totallyscrappy said...

Enjoy!

Alycia said...

Praying for your safe travels. You brought back some wonderful memories of my summer visits to my grandmother in Maine, as a child. Enjoy your time there!

keri said...

aaahh...vacationing in maine sounds heavenly right now considering yesterday was the hottest day of the year here!! enjoy your time away with family!

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hi! I found your link through Joy and just wanted to let you know I'm hosting a Blog-Style Baby Shower for her and her boys. Stop by my blog if you're interested in participating!
Have a great day!
Monica

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony. I have laughed and cried reading your dating and delivery stories. I had no idea!! You are an amazing Godly woman. WOW!! Thanks again for sharing. And by the way, just how precious is your picture??? I am glad "Embracing my cup" told me about your blog.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures.

Angela Conklin
a friend thru your entries