Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Ax-see-unts

It is Springtime in Georgia and the accents in my home are in full bloom! I am a Southern girl. Raised in Alabama & Georgia, the only other state I have ever resided in is Virginia. Still, it is almost comical to hear the Southern-ness exuding from my children.

I am absolutely not exaggerating when I tell you that this is the phonetic spelling of a sentence you might hear in our home: "Ma-ma, hay-ulp me gee-yut dow-on so I can gee-yut sum mee-yulk." (That is: "Help me get down so I can get some milk" for anyone who was struggling.)

Have I mentioned that we discovered the soundtrack from Walk the Line when we were moving and the new daily request is for the "rhythm song?" If there was any doubt in my mind I was raising good Southern children, it was erased this morning when P shouted from the back seat, "Mama, I love Johnny Cash."

5 comments:

Erin said...

That is too funny!

You should be proud! You are rearing them the correct way!!! Southern goodness through and through!

Aunt Boo said...

That is so funny. Let Parker know that Aunt Boo likes Johnny Cash too. I really like the rhythm song too.

See you soon!

Aunt Boo

Big Mama said...

No greater love can a mama have for her children than to instill in them a love of Johnny Cash.

Michelle said...

You are the bestest funetical speller I know! (((hugs)))

Perri said...

OK. This is the last thing I'm reading before bed because I KNOW I will go in there laughing at the thought of Parker shouting out his love for Johnny Cash. That is priceless.

good night :)