Sunday, February 04, 2007

Day 4: Integrity

May integrity and uprightness protect me(my children), because my(their) hope is in you. Psalm 25:21 (NIV)

I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. I Chronicles 29:17a (NIV)

My sweet children, today is your Daddy's birthday. It is fitting that today's virtue is integrity, since this is one of the characteristics of your Daddy that I hold most dear. He is a man who can be trusted completely to seek wisdom and act with honesty and honor. Sadly, the world will lead you to believe that fudging and cutting corners is necessary. My prayer for you all, is that you will seek God's strength to walk through life as upright people. While our humanity insures you will certainly make some poor decisions along the way, may you always value and seek to maintain integrity that is pleasing to God.

2 comments:

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!!! And what a wondeful prayer for your children.

Liza on Maui said...

Happy Birthday to Mr. Scott of Lots of Scotts :)

It is indeed a wonderful prayer. God bless you and your family.