Friday, May 19, 2006

K

With a second birthday 1 week away, I thought it would be appropriate to spend a little time celebrating each of my children individually.

My eldest child, a daughter, was born at 1:05 pm weighing in at a hefty 2 lb 12 oz. I'll always remember her dark hair and long thin fingers. Having a daughter scared me to death. All I could think about was what on earth the middle school years would be like, remembering how hard I was on my own Mom during those days.

K was predicted to be the "den mother" and that she is...she is always handing out cups of milk, pairs of shoes, diapers, clothing, etc. to her brothers. She is tough and adventurous, often demanding and an unbelievable climber--the hardest to discipline--but so tender when one of the boys is crying (especially P). She will come to me and say "P Cry" with a sad look on her face and signing tears on her cheek. Then she'll find his sippy cup, hand it to him and rub his head while saying: "Pet."

She loves all types of living creatures, from caterpillars & snails to elephants & lions. Her unmanageable curls suit her spirit to a T. She never stops moving and favorite word is "More." She is truly my child who takes on the world--head on. She is strong willed and fun loving. She loves to read books and draw (often while climbing or running.) Her personality is most like I think mine probably was at this age.

She sings at the top of her lungs with such joy it is contagious. She pushes my buttons and melts my heart several times a day. I couldn't imagine life without you, sweet girl!

Happy almost-birthday, K K!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I can't believe they are almost 2!

Love, Aunt Boo

Anonymous said...

awesome post! it was so great to see you last weekend.

Perri said...

How sweet! I can't wait to read about the boys and see their pictures.

Patricia said...

i love that you honor them individually since their "sameness" must so naturally take over sometimes. she is a beautiful little lady!

Kate said...

I second what Perri and Patricia said! They are absolutely adorable and I loved reading how unique, different and fully cherished each one is. I look forward to seeing beautiful birthday pictures! :)