Monday, January 20, 2014

Still writing

I have been writing this week...just not here.

After this recent reminder of the encouraging power of the written word, I spent a little time writing TO my people instead of ABOUT them.


Words are powerful...especially when you have the influence of a wife and Mom.

Spoken words reverberate in hearts and souls. Written words can be tucked away and re-read time and time again. There is a time and place for both--may we steward them well...

For more, check out my new post over at Courtney's site.

3 comments:

Melene@Sing For Joy said...

Words are powerful and I've been reminded of this several times recently. My girls have been making their Dad's lunch to take to work every day for several years and they always include a note. He has saved every single one of them. With our oldest graduating this year, those notes will become even more special.

Lindsey said...

I am a lover of words. True "words of appreciation" girl before I ever know what that was. I have saved every note and letter written to me and have them displayed on blessing rings throughout my home. I love flipping through the rings to feel encouraged. Love that you are taking the time to communicate your love for your children with the written word!! What a wonderful reminder for me to take some time each week to do the same for those I love.

Maria(h) said...

Yes! Love this.