Monday, August 22, 2011

Top Secret Kid Meetings

Last night my husband overheard my children having a 'secret meeting' in the playroom.
"I just want to say that you are the best brothers in the WHOLE world. I am so glad I have you," K announced.
"Tell me what you love about me," P said.
My husband couldn't stand it, so he leaned in the doorway so he could watch and listen. He doesn't have as much experience as I do, so he was spotted.
"Dad! Get out of here!" they shrieked. "This is a KID meeting!!"

As my husband relayed the story to me, I basked in the sweetness of it all. My kiddos are very close, but they are still siblings! (As a matter of fact, K is currently sporting a silver dollar sized bruise on her fanny as a result of a tussle with one of those "best brothers in the world.")

Later, as I was tucking K in, I couldn't stand it any longer. I asked her what she told the boys.
"Well," she replied with a twinkle in her eye. "I really only answered P."
A huge grin spread across her face as she excitedly reported, "I told him that I love him because we both know how to make my favorite annoying sound--and then we just did that for the rest of the meeting."

I LOVE seven year olds.

2 comments:

storey said...

hahahahahahaha!!! I LOVE IT!!! man, those guys are great! loved seeing y'all! wish it could be more often!

Bethany said...

So precious- I love young kid stories!!