Monday, July 18, 2011

Making Room for Moments

This post, by a favorite of mine, Lysa TerKeurst, is such a simple, poignant reminder of what it means to be a partner to your spouse. After reading it recently, I found it so beautiful I have gone back and re-read it several times.

Her thoughts encouraged me to slow down and spend a couple of extra seconds investing in 'moments' with my man...nothing extravagant...an unexpected hug, scratching his head as he sits next to me on the sofa, looking in his face and telling him a little bit of what he means to me.

Becoming a Mommy leaves me feeling all loved out some days. I am tempted to think: The other grown up in the house can take of of himself, right? He doesn't need me...

Sure, he can...but don't I want him to want me to be a part of his life?

Lord, keep me from falling into this trap. Help me remember to whom I made vows to love...not just with my heart, but with my attitude and my actions. I do love him so very much...I just neglect to slow down and show him. May we never take for granted the opportunities to show the ones we love how we feel about them! I know that when I pause and take the time to show him a little extra kindness and attention, he returns that in droves. It becomes a cycle of tenderness.

May we not be so busy with the 'must do's of life, that we neglect our partners. The journey is so much sweeter and fulfilling when we invest in one another.

3 comments:

courtney7880 said...

This is so convicting!!! I am a person that too often falls into the trap of giving all I feel like I have to the 12 year old and my husband getting the leftovers. I have to remind myself daily not to do it.... I go to the same church as Lyst TerKeurst and she has quite a way of explaining things and writing that make it relevant and help me grow in my walk. Thank you for linking this post!

Pam said...

So good! Thanks for sharing. I've already linked to it and passed it on to some wives/friends I know.

Gabrielle said...

What a neat and inspiring blog!
My mom is reading Lysa's devotional and really likes it.
If you are interested, I blog at www.projectpaperie.blogspot.com.
I would be honored if you would check it out!