Sunday, April 10, 2011

Little Boy Heaven

Today our little Tigers got to be honored as the "Team of the Game" with our minor league baseball team.

Our 5-6 year old boys lined up on the field pre-game and were broadcast on the 'big screen' as they were introduced.
Then, as the 'big boys' took the field our guys were allowed to run out with them and take their place on the field for the National Anthem.
Do you think that sweet player (who is likely only 19-20 years old himself) has any idea how he just MADE my boys' Spring? (R is #99 and P is #50--and, yes, they selected their own numbers.)
When the anthem was over they raced,
and I mean RACED, off the field giggled and grinning.

There was time for autographs and hanging with the mascot. R even managed to get his hands on a foul ball!I think I discovered 6 year old boy heaven.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

AW!! I have 2 little boys and this made me smile so much, so precious!!!!

k and c's mom said...

The boys of summer! You warmed my heart with this post.