Friday, February 25, 2011

Joy-Full

My heart is full.

Life isn't perfect. I have a To Do list I am dreadfully behind on. One of my children has been home since yesterday with strep. I am a couple of days behind on Beth Moore homework. I have friends I am concerned for and bills I need to sit down and pay. My passenger side car window is stuck halfway. My laundry is piled up and I still have a suitcase from our trip to Montana that needs to be unpacked.

Yet, I am completely sincere when I say my heart is full.

Spring is coming. I am looking forward to a family fun-filled weekend. My children are noisily and excitedly buzzing about. I feel playful and I can't stop smiling.

Joy is different from happiness because it isn't just about our temporary circumstances. Joy comes in knowing that I am loved and I love. My life has purpose and meaning. Not because of who I am, but because of who He is.

I don't have to be a perfect housekeeper--or a perfect anything for that matter. I just need Jesus.

Knowing that I have His acceptance and love, His grace, mercy and forgiveness...it really is enough.

My heart is full.

2 comments:

JReus said...

Thanks- I needed to hear this. :)

Courtney said...

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog and find it so inspirational!