Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Home Joy

"To keep one's voice sweet, one's face bright, one's will steady, one's patience unperturbed, in the arena of the home, in the presence of one's own family, is no light task.
Home joy is a precious thing and should guarded." Margaret E. Sangster


Somehow today in random surfing around the web I came across this quote. I was so intrigued that I did a bit of research on the author. With great delight I have been reading one of her books, Cheerful To-days and Trustful To-morrows, tonight. (It is free here.) Published in 1899, this is a delightful glimpse into how much and how little has changed about the heart of a Christian homemaker through the years.

It is thundering outside, I have a cup of hot tea and my favorite spot on the sofa, so excuse me while I return to my reading circa 1899.

3 comments:

R said...

how neat! my interest is piqued! i'll have to check it out, too. thanks!

Debra said...

Thank you for your sweet blog, and especially,today, the link to this precious book. Timeless messages are simply meant to be read again and again!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Honestly, Mrs Duggar (19 Kids And Counting) came to mind when I read this. I am a fan of hers because her voice is so gentle and tender! I will go read this! Thanks for sharing!