Thursday, April 01, 2010

Baseball!


Tonight was R's first baseball game. We have played teeball, but this is Little league--coach pitch. Because it was a 7 o'clock game and we are strict 7:45 bedtime people, K & P stayed home with a sitter. R didn't seem to mind having his parents' attention all to himself. On the way he reminded me:
"It is good that you do not have any kids to dis-turwb you. There is no talking duw-wing da game. You have to keep your-wa eyes on da baseball play-as."

His strengths, at this point, are more heart and hustle than anything else...but he is intense and he loves it.
And that is enough to make me love it too.

9 comments:

Mindy said...

LOve it! I'm a sucker for baseball uniforms......must be some sort of holdover from High School. =)

ASymone said...

Absolutely too cute!!!

Daree said...

This just makes me happy. One on one with Ry guy and the way he talks...so precious. He looks so intense about his game.

SuperSuz said...

Oh my! He is too precious for words! I truly don't know how you can stand it :-) WTG, R!

elizabeth said...

Those dimples are going to melt a girl's heart one day! (Besides you, of course) Oh my, he is too handsome and adorable.

Sherri said...

It seems like we were all just starting baseball last year. I love your pictures...they are precious. I miss that innocent time in baseball. Everyone is just too serious in the league my son is now in...11 an 12 year olds. I'm glad my husband is coaching again because he is good about reminding the boys that it's just a game and to remember to enjoy it. It's a lot of work for him and me both but so worth it.
Have fun$

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

My kids (2 boys) are still in t-ball...my oldest has to move up next year to machine pitch!
I Love me a boy in a baseball uniform...there's just something about them!!! : )

dee said...

Ya gotta love those Carolina blue uniforms! :) He makes them even more beautiful!

Melissa said...

He is so stinkin' cute in that uniform! He looks like a miniature man!
I just love the way you write out their pronunciation of the words. So cute!