Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Decisions, Decisions (Part Two)

It was so encouraging and reassuring to read the comments from my previous post.
I was reminded of a verse that I think all of us in this position could benefit from...

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, with prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Isn't that peace of God what we are all looking for? Especially when it comes to the children God has entrusted to us? It is really huge if you stop and think about it for too long...When you are a parent there is a person (or people) for whom you are responsible. From conception on, you are their parent.

When they tell their life story it will always start with: I grew up in a ... home.

But here's the thing: The hope we have in our God is that He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. He started our story and our children's. He created them. He has a plan. It isn't all on our shoulders at all. Ours is merely to abide in Him, love them with His love and trust Him to do the rest.

We decieve ourselves when we allow ourselves to believe that we love our children more than God does. (And even if we don't profess that, sometimes our decisions reflect that belief.)

They are His. We are His. God is loving and kind to all He has made. He is on the throne and worthy of our trust.

So, exhale...

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I've been reading your blog (via another blog) for a while now, and I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy it! Thanks!

Christy Murphy said...

I so needed to hear the words from your post today. Thank you.:)

Peter and Nancy said...

There are so many opportunities for comparing, worry, etc. in motherhood! Sometimes I think I will do battle in this area for the rest of my life . . . but hopefully I'll reach a place where I trust God with all of those things.
Nancy