Sunday, October 11, 2009

Disney 09- The Outtakes

Because I wanted to send D. a civilized note of appreciation, I handpicked some pictures that would highlight our trip. As I flipped through the images, I could not resist sharing some of ones that did not seem appropriate to make the cut, but capture a few other elements of our week.

We like to go to Disney in the Fall when the crowds are at low levels, because any wait beyond five minutes turns into this...We have also worked hard to convince our children that all of those gift stores you conveniently have to exit after every single ride are full of things for POSING, not for PURCHASING.

And this is what they do when they get tired of my camera lens in their face...
Yes, her pjs are on backwards. She "wanted to see what would happen."

This is what happens to R's face when he is tired. I call this photo: The parking lot pout.This is P & R sharing their review of Thunder Mountain Railroad. (K was on with her Daddy, but she shared P's sentiment...thumbs way up.) R is not much of a fan of roller coasters.

Can I tell you how many pictures like this I have from trying to capture my family on Splash Mountain? Too many.

And this is the only way to express the exhaustion brought on from 4 non-stop days of fun...(except in this particular case it was P at 9am on Day 3)

Here's K, my shiny, happy spark plug of a daughter this morning as we were checking out. Behold the miracle of a worn out 5 year old. Who knew it was possible?

2 comments:

storey said...

LOVE the classic real life! And the thank you letter is wonderful! Looks like my prayers were answered and you guys had an incredibly abundant time! Glad you're home safe!

Mindy said...

I can so totally relate to pictures like yours at Splash Mountain. I took hundreds just like it trying to get a shot.....hope you got one! I never did.