Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Plugged In

I have intended to mention this great resource for sometime...Plugged In Online is a wonderful website that gives reviews of movies, music and more from a Christian worldview. Many times it has warned me about something I was thinking of seeing or pointed me in the direction of something I had not considered. It also points out great teaching points and themes in movies that I may have otherwise missed.

I was over on this site today and read this interesting review. I had not heard of the documentary, but have seen the bumper sticker (and actually approached the man in a Kmart parking lot to discuss it...another story for another day, but I apologized to him on behalf of Christians who had forgotten to show him love...and he thought I was a complete maniac psycho lady I am sure).

Anyway, regardless of whether or not you plan to see the film, the article is great food for thought and prayer!

5 comments:

Katy said...

I use plugged in all the time. I'm not a movie junkie but I have a hubs and 2 boys who enjoy their blockbuster through the mail. I review each movie and I say yes or no! It's a great site. Love it!

Kylie and crew. said...

Great Resource! I have seen this documentary and it REALLY made me think. We actually used it as a tool at our generation church. It is very interesting. I'd be curious what your thoughts are on it. Have a great day!

My name is Cait said...

I saw the documentary as well. It made me think but I felt it didn't really give an answer to what Christians are supposed to do. Yes a social-justive type of love is much more palpable but is it real love not to fight for the God's truth and law? Plugged-in sums it up well saying that relationship is key.
Great that you had the boldness to talk to the guy in the parking lot!

The Adairsville Triangle said...

Cait- I think the point was to get you thinking and not necessarily tell you what to do as a Christian. I think we all have a different role to play and we need to open ourselves up to find our own path through Him.

JMom- You have peaked my curiousity..do tell this Kmart story! I can think of several times I wanted to say something to somebody about their bumper sticker and just kept walking. How did you start that encounter?

georgiamom said...

Very Interesting! I can't believe I have not heard anything about this. I can't wait to see it.