Friday, July 10, 2009

Back with a Vengeance

This morning I woke up feeling back to my old self again. It is a good thing, because I had A LOT to do after my unexpected week off. I am hosting a bridal brunch in my home tomorrow morning. I had hoped to have the week to prepare. Instead I had a few hours while the children were in day camp to shop, clean, prepare and pick up the things I had ordered.

Did I mention I am also in charge of snacks for our church's Vacation Bible School --and because of a crazy weekend schedule I had to go buy them all today, for 175 children, during that same 4 hour period?

And my eyebrows were desperately in need of a wax...

Additionally, I had promised my children we would do something special this afternoon to thank them for being such good sports while I was sidelined. Of course, they chose Chuck E. Cheese--an hour's drive from our home. So when I picked them up at 12:30, I kept my promise because as P recited excitedly from his memory of the commercials, "It's where kids can play and Mom's relax."

Right. This self-proclaimed germaphobe is going to really relax on a Summer Friday afternoon in a place crawling with children. I know I have issues, but the day after recovering from a nasty virus is not when I am going to take them on...

We did wind up having a great hour of fun on a whopping $10 worth of tokens. After another 20 minutes of deliberations over cheap plastic trinkets, we were on our way home. My guilt offering continued with a stop at Blockbuster and Little Ceasar's...which bought me some more time to prepare for the party this evening.

All is quiet now. The tables are set. The house is clean. Now, Mommy can indeed relax.

7 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm so glad everyone is finally feeling better! Enjoy your quiet evening- I know what you mean about ChuckECheese. Kids love it, most adults do not! ;)

Bailey's Leaf said...

Boy! You hit the ground running, didn't you?! Have a wonderful shower and enjoy VBS!

Joni said...

J-

I call it Chuck E Disease. My children think its the best too.

Joni

Sam said...

I love that your boy quoted the commercial! My mom used to go nuts when I'd do that! :-)

Kerin said...

Saw the kids in the paper this morning. I'm sorry R was blocked on the photo. Glad you are feeling better.

Robin said...

You are one brave soul! My kids are now 10 and 7 and we (or I might say my 10yo and Dad) have only braved Chuck E Disease (thanks Joni, I couldn't have said it better) one time! I am a true-blue germaphobe and those places are just not on my list to visit...give me the great outdoors!! I hope my kids haven't been too scarred by not having had the experience of these indoor fun houses!
Glad everyone is on the road to recovery!
Also, thanks for the link to Rachel-I took the 55 minutes Thursday evening and it was worth every second...My Mom has just finished treatment for breast cancer and I will pass it on to her and others as well...

-R

k and c's mom said...

Hope you are feeling better.