Thursday, July 09, 2009

55 Minutes

I received this link via e-mail a few days ago. It took a virus for me to relent to sitting still for 55 minutes, but this was ABSOLUTELY worth the investment. What a blessing!

If you can spare an hour, I encourage you to watch this amazing woman's testimony of what a terminal cancer diagnosis has taught her about the TRUTH of life. It puts so much of life into perspective.

"Cancer does not define me. Neither does being a wife or a mother. All these things are part of who I am but they do not define me. What defines me is my relationship with Jesus." -Rachel Barkey

"I am here to serve with joy...If my suffering is the means God uses to bring even one person to Him, it is an honor to suffer." -Rachel Barkey

2 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I watched this a few weeks ago. Sadly, she passed away July 2. What a legacy she left. She made a mark on things and people. I want to leave a legacy. As a matter of fact, I have a blog post coming about that very thing.

Hope you and all the kiddos are starting to feel better.

Emmy said...

B and I watched it last week... powerful... and that is an understatement!

Her funeral was on Wednesday.