Sunday, June 14, 2009

Roadtrip to Nashville

I met my husband about three hours before I met his (now our) friends Tom & Laura. We 'ran into them' a few hours into our first blind date 11 years ago. Although in retrospect, it was certainly no accident. They were on our second date as well and have been great friends to us as a couple ever since.

When we moved to the town we now live in after my husband's training, they moved here one month later for Tom's job. We had three great years together here before they moved to Nashville. Those years included the birth of our triplets and their son--within two weeks of each other--and the baptism of their daughter (our goddaughter). Although we have seen them a couple of times as they were passing through our town, this weekend was our first trip to see them.

These two pictures were taken using my cell phone--only 5 minutes elapsed between them.
Unfortunately, we were only 15 minutes from Tom & Laura's when they all fell asleep. Their little rejuvenating nap combined with their first real experience with a sleepover meant they did not fall asleep until 11 pm Friday night!! That is a full two hours past the latest they have previously stayed up. Unfortunately, it did not translate into sleeping in...so this was the scene only 9 hours later.
Except for sweet P, who climbed into a handicapped accessible swing at the neighborhood park and caught a little cat nap.
The others went strong all day.

Nothing could make my R happier than a water gun as big as he is...and an endless supply of water balloons. (The poor Daddies spent over an hour filling them for a few precious minutes of fun.)
And once P caught a few winks he was right back in the middle of the action as well.
By the way, this is my new favorite sibling relationship picture...it really sums up K & P!

After working hard to wear out the children all day, we entrusted them to the care of a brave sitter and went out for a fabulous dinner followed by the CMA Fanfest Concert featuring lots of very talented people like Lee Ann Womack, Trace Adkins, Wynonna (and her special guest Naomi!!), and Martina McBride. Can I digress for a moment to mention that Wynonna and Martina have some pipes--good grief they can sing!!

It was a late night double date like the old days...except these days a 1am bedtime didn't negate a 6am wake up from precious children. :-)

I think we will all sleep well tonight!

8 comments:

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

Just came across your blog...I've been blessed and inspired by my visit. Thanks for sharing your incredible story!

Kylie and crew. said...

Love the pictures!! Looks like a really fun weekend. I especially LOVE the one of K and P! I have never seen a handicap swing like that...how cool!

I have 2 quick questions....why do you put labels on your blog post? I never do and I'm wondering if I will regret it later on...any thoughts for me?

Also, I remember you posting about getting your blog printed...where did you get it done? Do the comments people post show up on it? Finally, do the pictures come out a good quality?

Thanks for being my blog friend. Oh and I guess it was 4 questions. :)

Kylie

Jennifer said...

My father in law has given me the gift of binding my blog. There are companies (blurb.com is one) that will do this, but due to the volume of pictures I have, my FIL did it himself using blog2print.com for the set up and lulu.com for the printing.

As far as the tags go, I did not do it until a couple of years ago--for me it is about the ease of finding something months of years later.

Hope that helps!

Kylie and crew. said...

Thanks!! It helps a lot!

Kate Geisen said...

It looks like a great time. Wonderful pictures!

~Jill said...

I just wanted to comment on your blog and how inspiring it is! I am a mom to 16 month old triplets - 2 boys and a girl! Our journey to this point has been full of ups and downs. Without our faith, I don't think we'd be where we are today and I thank God each day for everything He has given us. Reading your blog about your trio, your faith, and your daily challenges/activities/realizations is exactly what I need as a boost! Best wishes to you and your family.

Lindsey said...

I was in Nashville for the CMA Fest this past week/weekend! What a treat...and I think you picked one of the best nights to attend.

Sounds like y'all had a wonderful time playing with old friends. What a blessing!

Bethany said...

It looks like a fun-filled trip to Nashville! I haven't been there in a few years- it's a fun place :)