Friday, May 08, 2009

Back to the Gap

I love being old enough that life is beginning to have moments where we have come full circle. Okay, maybe at 34 I am only allowed to call it semi-circle, but nonetheless....

This afternoon we are traveling to Windy Gap, a Young Life property in North Carolina. My first trip there was in 1990 (as evidenced by some very unfortunate pictures on facebook documenting the badly permed hair and Tretorns.)I returned 4 years ago when the children were only 6 month old. (Yes, we are insane, but we had cabin fever and needed to get out of the house.) My in-laws accompanied us as my husband served as Camp Doc for the weekend. Most of that weekend is a daze of bouncy seats, stroller rides and pack and plays.

This weekend we will be back, with rambunctious children who are ready to take on most of what Family Camp Weekend has to offer. We will be accompanied by one of my dearest college friends and her family. The best part is we are in gender specific cabins, so Suzanne and I will have only K. The Daddies, on the other hand, will have 5 little boys aged 4-9. Just a guess, but I think they will have better stories. :-)

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

They may have better stories, but you will get more sleep....and smell better!:)

Have a great time...I know you will!

Traci said...

Oh - it sounds like so much fun! And way to score on the gender specific cabins- you'll be rested too!

Aubrey said...

Hehehe! Stories, schmories. You get sleep and girl time! Have a lovely weekend!

Mindy said...

Have so much fun this Mother's Day Weekend. I don't know how you travel to get there but I have a sneeking feeling that you might just drive right by my house to get there......if you had more time, I'd love to get to meet you. You don't know how much your intentional walk with God inspires me. You are so aware. I long to be as aware as you are.

dee said...

I know you are going to have a great time. It is beautiful here in NC right now. Happy Mother's Day!

Kate Geisen said...

Oh, how wonderful! What a great way to spend the weekend. I hope you have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves to the fullest. :)

Putting Down Roots said...

I've been following your blog for a while not but have yet to post until now.

I simply love hearing about your involvement with Young Life. And like you, Windy Gap is one of my very favorite places. So I hope family camp treats your family well. Enjoy the food, fun, and entertainment!

elizabeth said...

We went to NC this past weekend as well. We were in the Boone and Blowing Rock area. Such a nice weekend. Hope yours was as good as ours.

E

The Adairsville Triangle said...

Happy Mother's Day!