Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Touche

I have a little game I play with the children occasionally during bedtime. I tell them how thankful I am God gave them to me. Then, I generally say something like, "If God had not given you to me and I met you one day I would think: Wow, what a great kid. I wish God had given me a kid like that!"

Their eyes get big and sparkly....huge grins come across their face...and generally I get a big hug or kiss in return.

Tonight as I went through this little exchange with K, the response was affectionate and giggly. I kissed her goodnight and went to tuck the boys in.

"Mama!" she yelled a few seconds after I left her room.
"Yes?"
(Still yelling) "If you did that it would NOT be very thankful to God."
"What?"
"You are 'sposed to get what you get and be thankful for it."

Well...at least I know she is listening!

2 comments:

MamaBear said...

Smart kid you got there! That reminds me that I need to remember to say that instead of the 'don't pitch a fit' ending.

Tonya Ingram said...

Just when you don't think they are listening... they are!