Wednesday, January 21, 2009

R Has Plans

Some days I am amazed at how much my children have already been able to decipher about the world. Then they come out with random things like this, from R, that remind me we still have a long way to go:

"Mama, when I am twelve will you let us go to Afwica so we can see da weal koala bears? If we wait until we are twelve we can watch Star Wars while we fly on dat plane for a long time. Will you let us do that Mama?"

Oh, those sweet little brains! I cannot help thinking God must similarly shake his head lovingly at the crazy plans we bring to Him for approval.

R did follow up by asking if we could find our Compassion children while we were there. I was so pleased with his big heart until he added, "And then when we see Esther and Tewodros can you give me A LOT of your paper money to give them?"

This is from the same child who insists on being self sufficient at every opportunity, yet informed us this weekend that he was NOT going to go to college one day. "I want to just stay living wiff you instead."
And using all my paper money I suppose. :-)

4 comments:

Jenny Lynn said...

Hahaha! That's so sweet. My brother used to tell my parents that he was never moving out. That he wanted to live at home forever. Now he's a freshman in college. I think my mom wishes that he still wanted to live at home forever :)

Mrs. H said...

Too cute :) In school earlier this year, my 5 y.o. daughter answered the question "what do you want to be when you grow up?" like this: "I want to stay a daughter and watch my mom work at home."

Tonya Ingram said...

Don't you just love these precious moments? I could just stay in this stage forever!

Tanya said...

OH wondrful...you have 'Compassion Children' too! I have pictures of several 'Compassion' sisters from my childhood. I wonder what ever happened to them? My parents sponsored many childern over the years through this wonderful organization. It is nice to hear that Compassion is still in operation all these many years later. It would indeed be a wonderful thing if your children could meet their 'brothers and sisters' from other parts of the world.