Saturday, December 27, 2008

Loved

After several days of celebrating, I woke up this morning ready to get things back in a bit of order around here. New toys needed to find homes. Filing needed to be done so that my year end records would be in order for tax preparation. The pressure of a new year and a need to start things off right was settling in.

My husband and I agreed to give each other 90 uninterrupted minutes (i.e., children would be the other's complete responsibility) so we could satisfy our mutual need for productivity.

I decided to tackle our home office--as I have gotten a few months behind on filing important paperwork. In my "To Read" file I found a ripped, tattered piece of paper I vaguely remember. Based on the handwritten notes on the back re: paying rent, I am convinced it is at least 7-8 years old.

I have been searching for something meaningful for the teen aged girls at the children's home--and this spoke to my self-critical heart as well. It seemed like an incredibly fitting way to start this new year. I really wish I knew who authored this paraphrase so I could credit them, but a quick google search revealed nothing.

I made her. She is different. She's unique. With love I formed her in her mother's womb. I fashioned her with great joy. I remember with great pleasure the day I created her. (Psalm 139:13-16)

I love her smile. I love her ways. I love to hear her laugh and the silly things she says and does. She brings me great pleasure. (Psalm 139:17)

I made her pretty and not beautiful, because I knew her heart and knew she would be vain. I wanted her to search out her heart and to learn it would be Me in her that would make her beautiful and would draw friends to her. (I Peter 3:3-5)

I made her in such a way that she would need Me. I made her a little more lonesome than she would like to be, only because I want her to turn to Me in her loneliness. Only because I need for her to lean to and depend on Me. I know her heart. I know if I had not made her like this she would go her own way and forget about Me, her Creator. (Psalm 62:5-8)

I have given her many good and happy things because I love her. (Psalm 84:11 and Romans 8:32)

Because I love her, I have seen her broken heart and the tears she has cried alone. I have cried with her and had a broken heart too. (Psalm 56:8)

Many times she has stumbled and fallen alone, only because she would not hold My Hand. So many lessons she has learned the hard way, because she would not listen to My Voice. (Isaiah 53:6)

She is mine. I made her then I bought her because I love her. (Romans 5:8)

I have to reshape and remold her, to renew in her what I want her to be. It has not been easy for her or for me. (Jeremiah 29:11)

I want her to be conformed to My Image. This high goal I have set for her because I love her. (2 Corinthians 2:14)

Believe it and be blessed!

9 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

Could I use these for a ministry to at-risk young women? Please e-mail me offline and let me know . . . pleschke@sbcglobal.net
Thanks!
-- Nancy

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

Whoa.

Going in my journal and on my wall, stat.

Thank you. Really.

HW said...

My daughter brought this home from church camp a few years ago. I printed it, framed it and hung it on her wall.

They are indeed beautiful words for women of all ages.

LaQuetha said...

This is great. I will write down tonight and put it in my journal, bible and my mirror.
Thanks for sharing.
LaQuetha

Jessica said...

Thank you! You don't know how much I needed this tonight! This will go in my bathroom as soon as we return home.

Jenna said...

Wow. I cannot even tell you how much I love this. What a neat thing and what wonderful words to share with the girls.

I want every girl I know to read this!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Kendra said...

Since you couldn't find the author, I would love to put this on my blog. I have come back and read this post so many times in the last several days. Thank you so much for sharing and blessing so many.

Isabella said...

JMom,
God really used your blog post to soothe my heart this week. I used this interpretation/paraphrase in my post today (and linked it back to you). Thanks!
Isabella
www.anointedwithgrace.blogspot.com

Allie said...

That's awesome! Hope you don't mind, I've linked you on my blog in reference to this. Every girl ever needs to read that and believe it.

Amen!

Thanks for sharing,

Natalie (http://timandnat.blogspot.com)