Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Confidence

If you are a parent, I highly recommend this post by author Vicki Courtney. All I can say is Amen and Amen.

My husband and I have discussed that it is not our desire to raise self-confident children, but rather children who are secure in their identity and the fact that God has a plan for their life.

I am finding already, even at this early age, that this is much easier said than done. In the words of my mother-in-law,"the work of parenting is line upon line"...for years and years.

1 comment:

Bill and Jenn said...

If you haven't read it already, I highly recommend the book:
"Raising Unselfish Children in a Self-Absorbed world" by Jill Rigby.
Our MOPS group is reading it right now, and WOW! She specifically addresses the idea of GOD-confidence vs. self-confidence. GREAT BOOK.