Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Prayer

Let me go on record that although I have intended to do this with my kiddos, I haven't gotten to it yet. It was forwarded to me by a friend and is so cute I wanted to pass it along.

Dear God,
As I carve my pumpkin help me say this prayer....
Open my mind so I can learn about you. (Cut the top of the pumpkin)
Take away all my sins and forgive me for the wrong things I do. (Clean out the inside)
Open my eyes so Your love I will see. (Cut the eyes out in the shape of a cross)
Open my ears so Your Word I will hear. (Cut the ears shaped like the Bible-rectangles)
Open my mouth so I can tell others You are near. (Cut the mouth)
Let Your light shine in all I say and do! (Place a candle inside and light it)
AMEN!

4 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I'll tuck this in my memory bank for use in a few years!! Thank you for sharing!!

Bailey's Leaf said...

This just came home from preschool with my daughter! We're carving our pumpkin tomorrow after the pumpkin farm.

Thank you for sharing it.

Colored With Memories said...

it reminds me of a great little book we do w/our kids this time of year. it's a little board book called the pumpkin patch parable. each page of the story is backed up with great scripture. you should check it out!

Mary Lou said...

What a great idea. Helps to take the edge off of Halloween. I do not like Halloween at all, this helps to point them to Jesus when the world does not point anyone in the right direction at Halloween at all. What a blessing. Thanks for sharing it.