Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Connections

This is not the post I intended to write tonight...Maybe I'll be back with that later, but you have got to go and read this story. Eight women who all walked through the tragic deaths of their infants (as a result of Trisomy 18) after months of communicating via the Internet met in person for a weekend in Atlanta. If you followed any of their stories like I did, you'll get chills from reading this.

This is the essence of why I am proud to be a woman, amazed at the power of the blogging community and forever grateful to be a part of the body of Christ.

Wow!

2 comments:

Kerin said...

I have chills just reading their story!! I can't imagine their pain and the incredible power of God that each of them feel as a result of sharing with each other. "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we may be called children of God!" God was right their with these families grieving with them. They were his children too. We don't know the "why's" in this world, but we do know that these babies are seeing Christ face to face without any blemish or pain. He will help strengthen these familes and bring healing for them. I can only imagine the incredible feelings these ladies experienced during that conference. God was RIGHT there - AWESOME!!!

Lolly said...

One of the most interesting aspects of this story is that before I started reading these blogs, I had never heard of Trisomy 18 and I worked in a hospital for 9 years. What are the chances of all of these women having babies with this diagnosis and connecting through blogs? Could it be a little divine intervention?