Saturday, July 12, 2008

4 Year Old Love

At 5:59am a bright and alert R appeared in my bed. Without opening my eyes I pulled him close, hoping he would allow me to get a few more precious minutes of sleep before starting our day.
"Mom," he half whispered in his deep, gravelly, little man voice.
"Um-hmm?"
"I weally love you always."
"I love you, too."
Then he pulled my arm around him more tightly and said, "I am gonna keep you."

A few moments later he broke the sweet silence with a question. "When I get to be a gwown up, will I have any hugs or kisses left or will they be all used up?"

I explained to him that I thought the more you gave and received as a kid the more you had as an adult. Makes sense to me!

8 comments:

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

You do reap what you sew, so I'd say "spot on"! Some young lady is going to be very lucky one day when she steals his heart - she'd better be worthy! :)

What a lovey he is.

R said...

Now, THAT makes being awakened before 6 AM totally worth it! :0)

Missy said...

Uh...soo adorable! That borders on ridiculously adorable!

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouths of babes! How sweet!

Anonymous said...

Delurking. I love your blog. That's so sweet.

Lori said...

My almost 2 year old wants to marry R! In 20 years...lets make that 30....we will set them up!

Elyse said...

Too cute! I know it was 5ish in the morning, but too cute!
~Elyse~

Susan said...

Very good job, mommy.