Friday, May 23, 2008

Cinderella


I am sure many of you, like me, have been affected by the death of Maria Sue Chapman. As I watched this today with a lump in my throat I was reminded again how fleeting this life is...and these days with our little people are even moreso.

I could totally identify with his 'rush' to get them cared for. As a matter of fact, I admit I have said, "Pray fast!" more than once.

We have no idea what God has in store for our lives, or those of our children. Many days or few? It is not ours to know. We must be purposeful and we must savor them.


“For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.” ~ James 4:14

3 comments:

Jenny said...

"We must be purposeful and we must savor them."

So very true, what a blessing they are :-) Thanks for the reminder.

Jenny said...

It's so hard for me to remember this in the midst of day to day struggles. I want to savor them, but the whole tyranny of the urgent thing seems to creep in quite often. I just have to keep reminding myself to take the time to enjoy my children. Most of what I think "has to be done right now", can actually wait.

My heart is heavy for the Chapman family. Praying for them.

a portland granny said...

"We weep with those who weep, grieving, but not as those who have no hope."

We must pray for this family in this dark time in their lives, and especially for the dear brother and son. who so tragically will bear this moment in his history the rest of his life.

This is a family whom God will use to bring glory to Himself through their indescribable heartache.

Dear, dear people--my heart breaks for them.

Joan